Compliance - AML Policy
Money laundering is defined as the process where the identity of the proceeds of crime is so disguised that it gives an impression of legitimate income. Criminals specifically target financial services firms through which they attempt to launder criminal proceeds without the firms’ knowledge or suspicion.
Easternloans.com has adopted an anti-money laundering policy which is followed by all of its employees, officers, owners and directors.
Our KYC and AML Policy sets out minimum standards of compliance and establishes a Risk Based Approach towards assessing and managing the money laundering and terrorist financing risks to the company. These include:
• Establishing and maintaining risk-based Customer Due Diligence (CDD), identification, verification and Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures, including enhanced due diligence for customers presenting a higher risk, such as Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs);
• Establishing procedures for reporting suspicious activity internally and to the relevant law enforcement authorities as appropriate;
• Responding to law enforcement requests;
• Maintaining appropriate records for the minimum prescribed periods;
• Providing training for and raising awareness among all relevant employees.
Easternloans.com has appointed a Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in order to better fulfill the extensive requirements resulting from legal standards and conduct policies. The CCO is the central contact for all questions relevant to compliance and is responsible for further incorporating the issue of compliance into the company culture. He ensures that the same rules apply to all employees in the Group.
The Easternloans.com Business Principles reflect our commitment to a strong compliance culture as a non-negotiable foundation of how we do business. More than words on paper, our principles are actionable and we are prepared to do what is necessary to ensure that our Company is managed in line with our commitment. You can help us achieve this goal.
We take all concerns seriously and will take the appropriate action on each concern. You should raise your concerns or ask questions by email at email@example.com.